Celebrate Halloween at the ARLGP! On Friday, October 31st, we will be reducing and waiving adoption fees on select animals throughout the shelter. Visit the shelter in costume and receive a bag of ARLGP swag! We’ll also be handing out candy and dog bones for the kids and canines! We will be open 11am to 6pm.
Halloween is often associated with black cats. Did you know that black cats stay at shelters longer than their more colorful companions? Perhaps they are simply overlooked in their kennels, or outshined by their tiger-striped neighbors. But, at the ARLGP we know that black cats are personable, outgoing, vocal, and incredibly loving. So, let’s put to rest those black cat superstitions, and give these beautiful felines the spotlight!
7 Reasons to Adopt a Black Cat:
- Black goes with everything, does it not? No need to redecorate, or change your wardrobe.
- Black is very slimming.
- Black cats resemble small panthers, very exotic and wild!
- Black cats bring good luck. In many cultures, a black cat will guarantee you the best of luck.
- You can always find your black cat in the snow! They’re the easiest to spot during those all-white, Maine winter months.
- Black cats offer a variety of color. There’s the all-black, regal cats. The gray-black, more muted cats. The black and white, cow-colored cats. We see them all at the ARLGP, and they are all equally breath-taking.
- And, most importantly, black cats need a new family just as much as their orange, tiger, tortie and calico friends! Let’s give them an equal opportunity to find a new home!
Today, the ARLGP has over 20 black cats available for adoption at the shelter and throughout our off-site adoption locations. Stop by to say hello, you won’t regret it!